Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Bye Bye Orkut

So I left Orkut.
From past couple of weeks there has been sudden deluge of bad events in my life.It seems god has gone full to angry on me. I just can’t understand how come all things have started to go awry. Its not that I am not used to bad events.What makes this period notorious in my jeewan ki ram kahani is the fact that I had received couple of good news and that very goods turned out to be bad news. Not only these devil-in-disguise-angel events underwent total 180(or 360?) degree transmutation, they also brought their contemporaries along with them.
It is said that when it seems the whole world is going in wrong direction, then it’s not the world but you yourself who is in wrong direction.May be similar is the case with me. In whichever things I put my hands it gets ruined. Therefore I decided to stay out of the road. I stopped replying my mails, switched off my cell and snipped off whatever remaining contact I had with the outer world. For a week I had shut myself at my home.
One of the casualties of my run-away-from-world affair was Orkut.
Orkut happens to be a really cool place where I enjoyed a lot and visited regularly notwithstanding the fact that it is sort of a time sucking vortex. Whenever I used to get free time I used to login into orkut and thereafter jump into verbal duel. When I had joined Orkut it was only to participate in debates and discussions on Branding and Economics. Later I ventured in communities discussing International Relations and politics in India….and yes I made many good friends. When I deleted my friends I had 290+ members in my friend list, which is not at all huge considering normal Orkut standards. Also I met few of my friends. Apart from MT; Pravin Kamat( whom people popularly call Pravin Da), Dr Avinash, Ram and Keyur were one of the first among them. We were members of Bombay community. Dr. Avinash happens to be Human Anatomy Professor in Australia. When he visited India he requested us to meet. We all then met in Shivaji Park with others. Dr Avinash and PravinDa told their amusing stories of yesteryears, talked about radio jockeys of Vividhbharti, doordarshan and full to pushed us into nostalgic mood. For hours we talked about Movies, our freaky friends, pesky women etc etc.

PravinDa, Ram,Keyur,Me and Dr Avinash

Then I happened to meet Richie. I had planned to visit naxal affected areas of Darbangha in Bihar with friend who was doing research on Naxal terror. Now Richie happens to be an ex journalist and she herself being an upper caste Bhumihar from Bihar has great insight in history and spread of Naxalism. So we met in McDonalds at Goregoan. I wanted to have dinner in some good restaurant but she insisted on going to McDonalds. Over there she confessed that she is crazy after Mc burgers. So we sat for around 3 to 4 hours munching French fries and burgers giggling and laughing. The quality time that we spent out of that 95% was on general day to day chat and hardly 5% of the time we discussed about Naxalism, the real reason for which we met :.

Ahh and then there was much awaited meet. I call it Gappi meet. Ruchir, Tushar and myself were regulars in Gappistan Radio community. What happened is Ruchir and Tushar were in India for few days. After few days Ruchir had to go on tour to Hong Kong and Tushar had to go back to US. So we met at Raghuleela Mall in Kandivali. We all sat and chatted over Bhel puri and Dahi Samosas. In other meets of online people it is common to hear that “He was so different as we had assumed”,” He is not at all like he is on net” etc etc. But that was not in our case. When we met we felt as if we are meeting some one we have been meeting often. There were no big surprises. Ruchir was as jovial as he is on net, Tushar being as cool as he is often. As we sat we started blabbering about all nautankibaaz of Gappi and IM.
While conversation fervently progressed with fast pace, Ruchir’s wife and daughter initially felt left out and later were disillusioned with our boring talks. Anouska refused to stay more on her seat and desperately seeked way to escape from the torture chat. This gave an alibi to Ruchir’s wife to move away from our disoriented discussion. After she went back of Anouska we got privacy to have Guyz talk. During that Ruchir bhai gave some gyan on females as myself and tushar giggled on it. Then Tushar talked about his flirtations and girls and I talked…how shariff and good kid I am :P
Tushar,Me,Ruchir and Ruchir's wife and daughter

2 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Blogger Sulakshana said...

hi CK.... !! reading thru ur blogs... and finished reading the full post, as usual, :P

so how are u??.. when are u coming bak??

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

Well, it could always be worse Abhishek... you could be meeting really bad people for really bad reasons.... Blogging is less of a time committment than surfing Orkut... I have a Facebook account. It's actually a very low maintenance social networking site. You may want to check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home