Thursday, January 31, 2013

Change is permanent

The modes of entertainment or social networking have become too dynamic these days. I remember my engineering days when surfing was not cheap. It used to cost somewhere around 40 to 50 Rs per hour to surf net in cyber cafe. For a student in early 2000s it was quite costly. Initially, like many youngsters, I was obsessed with chatting. Yahoo Messenger and Hotmail messengers were major source for chatting. Whenever I was able to save good amount of money, I used to go to cyber cafe to login into yahoo chat rooms and chat with people in different parts of the world. My major foray in social networking came with Orkut.
 Many of my friends insisted that I join Orkut. But I refused all the time think it is one of the many worthless sites that have suddenly surfaced. When I shifted to Delhi for work I took a good net connection and joined Orkut. Since then for around 4-5 years my love for Orkut bordered addiction. Apart from making new friend, I spent lots of time in communities where numerous debates and discussions took place. Every morning after coming to office the first thing I used to do was login into Orkut. I made a separate gmail Id and never revealed my true identity on orkut for long time. Best part is I made many new friends not only from India but from other countries as well.
Along with 'Orkutting' I started maintaining blog. Blogging was a new phenomenon at that time and internet was full of Indians who were expressing their views, telling their stories on blogs.
Then came Facebook. Slowly all my Orkut friends migrated to Facebook. On Facebook we made group called Orkut India Community( Great!). Since then facebook is the popular medium for networking for me and many Indians. About a month back I tried to login in to my Orkut account. Unfortunately I forgot my gmail Id and password for that account.
A week back I decided to blog again. I was not surprised to see that most of the regular bloggers have quit blogging.
By the way today morning on NDTV India I saw a bhajan singer was interviewed for his new album. It was very amusing song. In the song singer tells people to stop wasting time on chatting and facebook'ing' and pary to Mataji. I searched the song on Youtube and Google but did not get any links. Will share it with you once I get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home