Friday, September 01, 2006

Jobless...

After 15 days I will be jobless. Cat is out. I got a call from my MD that company has decided to fire me.
Last 2 months have been very bad for my company. We have lost two of our clients and things are not going fine with our only remaining client in India. I had been receiving indications from my company that they expect me to put down my papers. I was trying hard to keep things in place and was hopeful that things will be fine after some time. But things got worse.

Our company deals in high end CRM and SFA (Sales Force Automation) software. The strategy followed by our company to get established in India was not good. My company is Australian. This is the first time they have dealt with Indian companies. It’s obvious that the way work is done in Australia and different parts of world is quite different than India. Indian market is just not mature to use the high end Software of the kind we make.
Any ways to cut the story short our company has decided to wind up operations in India and I will be jobless.

Right from beginning I had been confused about my career. I still don’t know what I should do. You can read it.here how confused I am. I have done job in all different kind of fields and was almost successful in my all jobs. This is the first time I have not been able to do my job in a better way.

I decided to search job on naukri.com. First thing I did was I made my resume and uploaded it on my profile on the web site. I applied for an institute that teaches and prepares students for aptitude tests like SAT,GMAT,GRE and just the next day I got call for an interview. Interview was good and now I will be teaching Maths and Data Interpretation to graduate students appearing for above mentioned exams.

After a week I will be seen inducing sleep in poor students of my class

6 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger starry said...

Sorry you lost your job but am really happy you found a new one. hang in there everything will work out well.

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your job issue..but no worry..life's like that..And i know u've a great mental stability to overcome the present crisis..This post tells me that..
And Abhi,to my knowledge,you're a mechanical engg graduate..Then just think of some CAD related jobs using CATIA or something like that....How's that field?

al da best

take care

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger rachana said...

best of luck for your new job,,may you get all the success..

 
At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,Abhi..you're blogday's member..visit my blog..
tnx

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

I just read the post you linked to as well. You and I have a lot more in common than I had realized.

Consider the new job to be a new adventure. Don't worry about the dissolution of the current job. You have been an active participant in and a liability of our volatile, global economy.

I am glad to read you enjoy literature. Perhaps I will have you proof read my Bollywood screenplay when(ever) I finish it.

Best wishes with the new job!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger dharmu said...

abe sun, ek resume bhej mere ko. ok?
HR mein hun, dekhte hain. pop me a mail-will mail in details

 

Post a Comment

<< Home