Friday, December 01, 2006

Riots

Yesterday there were riots in many places in Mumbai,Pune and other parts of Maharashtra.Reason.Some one vandalised the statue of Baba Saheb Ambedkar in Kanpur.Property worth crores was destroyed within a day.A local train and few bogies of Deccan Express train were burned.



This is how a society misuses independence.
If anyone wants to protest against the act in Kanpur why doesnt he destroy his property,burn his home and stop his work.Why do these people want to disturb peace of masses who have nothing to do with this issue?

My Mom and Dad had planned to go to Trambakeshwar at Nasik but had to cancel the trip because in Nasik too few morons were celebrating Diwali(by burning shops and vehicles).My Mom was definetly not happy at this.In afternoon I got call from Mummy who told me about all the crap which was been shown on News channels.Actually she is regular viewer of Saas,bahu and Saazishon Star Tv(ya this is what they show on news channels).But instead of Sari clad Saas,Bahu and simmering dialogues between them she saw Deccan Express being burned(celebrating Holi?).News host told that Train was being burnt in Mumbai.On hearing this my Mom(who knows very well that I work in office in Parle)called me without losing a moment and told me,"Sun bahar dange ho rahe hain aur bhool kar bhi deccan express mein chadhna".I fail to understand why the hell will I go in Pune bound train(that too which is burning).

As the news spread in my office there was moment of terror,"Oh Train is burnt",
"Riots all over Mumbai...aiyaaaa",
"Sachchi",
"Wahan bhi hua",
"Churchgate band",
"Goregaon mein bhi lafda chalu hai"

To be honest I myself got worried hearing all these stuff and expected my women dominated office will be given leave.But no....all ladies got back to work.This gender turned out to be brave than the other(ghor kaliyug).So men also got back to work(they cant do anything else).
After office I went to Andheri Station to go home.I was amazed to find train empty....above all I got a seat to sit.Usually in Borivali bound local you feel lucky if you get enough place to keep your feet and getting seat in local train was like getting a lottery.

Update
I have heard unconfirmed news yesterday night that in retaliation few people have vandalised statue of Shivaji in Pune.

1 Comments:

At 2:47 AM, Blogger Mamuje said...

You tell me and they wonder why things are going this wrong for them.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home