Sunday, October 22, 2006

Ramble

Last week I came back from Delhi. I had been there with MD of my company to negotiate new pricing structure of our software with our client which will suit them.I was fired by my current company in month of September itself but people in my current company insisted that I should stay for a month or more so that before I leave things will be in better condition.Before trip I prepared a lenghty report stating the current scenario of our relations with our three clients and reasons for their non usage of our software.
In the report I had put that net useablitiy of executives in our client's companies is very low.One of our developer was shocked to know that a company employee of Regional Manager level didnt know how to use excel sheet!!!
Actually what happens in India is people working in non IT sector are usually not tech savvy.They have a special PA or office boy who checks their mail,takes its print out and gives it to the concerned person.Once we had a training session in Delhi which was attended by sales Executives and Managers of my client company.In any CRM and ERP software the prerogrative is that a person using software should input data regarding their customers regularly so that our Business Intelligence software can calculate the profitability of their various products and track the consumer trends.But after installation of software we came to know that Sales Executives just dont enter any data into it rendering the system useless.So in the training session I spent more than hour teaching them how to use Internet Explorer!!!
If I say this to my colleagues in Australia they will laugh out at this thinking it to be a joke.But its fact that IT knowledge in Indian Corporate sector is too low.

Its been many days since I had been to Marve Beach.Inorder to be in shape I used to walk from my place in Jankalyan nagar to Marve beach every evening.A month back I joined NIIT to study .Net framework and my long-walk excersice has been interrupted for unknown period. If I master this .Net framework then I will be made to work on our new platform prepared by my current company which works on Neural Networks.Now, this technology is very new and I dont want to misss chance to work on this.Now I will tell you how many things I am into
1)My job with current company
2)Part time job teaching GRE and GMAT students
3)Preparing for CAT exam
4)Reading numerous books which I keep on purchasing

Its said that in order to progress and be successfull one has to do one thing at a time.....No further comments....

So 2 days back there was Diwali DJ party at NIIT.For the people who dont know what is NIIT....NIIT is an institute which teaches people how to start computer,shut it down and what to do in period between these two events.NIIT stands for...I dunno.once our faculty asked this question in our class,what NIIT stands for?
Then one of the brilliant students of our class enlightened with his esteemed god-blessed knowledge that it stands for 'Never Invest In This'.Actually it stands for National Institute for Information Technology.After whole day of Diwali Shopping I decided to go to this party.My bro was with me.I gave all my purchased stuff to him and headed towards link road where the party was held.Now the hall where the party took place has a very wierd name."Subkucch" which means 'everything' in hindi.Now when I was in delhi there was a big shop of Samosas and Sweets at Badarpur near Faridabad which was named "Badnaam Samose aur Pakode".North India has some very weird shop names. Like in Ludhiana a famous restaraunt had this thing written on his board "Meerutwale Bansilal Da Mashoor Dhaba".Now why this person wants people to know that he is from Meerut?One more thing few of you must have noticed that 100% shops in Agra selling Pethas(Petha is a sweetmeat famous in north)are named 'Panchi Petha'......ya 100%.
So back to NIIT.I reached this god forsaken place by bus.Link Road is the place where I have been there after 3 or 4 years.I never got opportunity to travel at this part of Malad. And this place has changed drastically. Malls, Complexes and Call centres have sprung up in this area.
As I entered hall where DJ party was going on I felt as if I have just entered Havan Kund.It was too hot in there(Dont ask me what made the atmosphere HOT there).Usually when I go for such parties the first thing which I do is head for dance floor and scare everyone out of there. But that day I retained my decency….which was too tough to be honest…and stood in the corner watching the people dancing.






This guy in blue is Bunny(No...he has nothing to do with Playboy mascot).It was his Kukhyaat,Shaatir,Shaitani dimag that come up with this DJ party Idea.
See this guy in centre.Someone took away this Shirt....bechara.:(
But see him....he is enjoying dancing around with whatever he is left with.


Look at the guy far right with motiyon jaise daanth.He must have received his GNIIT certificate that day.

Yeh hain NIIT ke Hoshiyar,samajhdaar,Hardworking students who after few days will become world famous Software Developers,Managers,Directors blah blah and the guy in white T Shirt and specs is going to hire them...muahahahahaha

Now what does that guy in right wants to denote by making that wierd hand expression....I dont know.Was he trying to make 'V'sign for victory?
That second guy standing at back(from left).....what does he wants to express with his posture?
Ufff no one can understand these IT people.

"Ueee maaa.....yeh tum log kaisa dance kar rahe ho....yeh dance hai ya KungFu-Karate?....jo bhi hai main toh bahut enjoy kar rahi hoon...hehehe"

This is my faculty tutor with her kiddo....a lady with awesome sense of humor.

This guy is in immediate need of medical help."Jaldi ambulance bulao"
Shucks he looks as if he has ran Mumbai Marathon twice."Beta thoda aaram karlo...garam thanda peeyo."
"khi khi khi....dekh mera dance dekh"

These are the faculty and staff of NIIT watching the people dance.See their terrified facial expressions....dance floor is the last place where they want to be.

This sadu DJ....I guess he got his university results that day.....played worst collection of songs.


Hamara Security....ekdum dangerous aadmi....Gyara mulkon ki police iski peeche padi hai.

I fail to understand why would one like to wear cap late at night....that too when its so hot.
For remaining pics click
here

5 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Blogger Ashley said...

Ok, you touch on something about India that overwhelms me. The chain of command. It is far more significant than in the US. If my boss snapped her fingers at me and barked orders at me, I would probably tell her where to get off. I noted that is the norm in India when I was there last. The very thought of my boss not knowing how to use Excel, is almost insane. The idea is if you aren't better than your subordinate, then he or she may take your job one day.

Your party looked like a lot of fun! Everyone looks sweaty, though. I hope it cools down by the time I arrive in India next month..

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger delhidreams said...

whoa, wat sweaty party!!!

so i caught up with u after u left delhi :(

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger Shruti said...

hi abhishek,
seems you all had awasome party...

 
At 4:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoyed the post,abhi..so colorful post..

al da best

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Priyankari said...

enjoyed:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home