Sunday, April 02, 2006

Future Tense...Past Tense...

What will happen in future you just can’t imagine. I pondered today on this and was amazed. In my life I have seen enemies turning to friends, once powerful people turning weakest and so on. If I would have known about my future in past, I would have laughed at myself and others.

I still remember in my school days my tuition teacher made me stand and gave a long lecture to be a good student. I was too naughty for the class. He proclaimed in front of everyone that, “Abhishek, you wont be able to do anything in your life. You are hopeless and useful for nothing. You will never learn to be productive in life.” During my last visit to Mumbai I met the same teacher. I told him about my life in Delhi and the work I am doing. He told that he meets my parents and knows about me. My brother and my Sister were also educated under him. He had predicted that Vivek and Anjali(my bro and my sis) will excel in life and cannot say anything bout me. But as things stand today…I am doing much better than any of his students (a fact which he knows). I was very happy to meet him. He talked to me very respectfully and in the end told,” Abhishek, I knew you will be going far ahead than the expectations of others. I always wanted to see you in this position. Best of Luck for your future.” After hearing these words I thought is he the same teacher who said something totally opposite 8 years back?

I used to hate Didar and Vijay. They were always a pain for me. But when I met them recently they were so happy to meet me. Didar and I remembered the old schooldays and the pranks we played on teachers. Didar was sort of student who was not too good in studies and was a big pain for teachers. Today he works for a big IT firm and is a successful man. Like mine, even his IT firm makes software for CRM
He is still the same guy; funny and humorous. I used to be so jealous of Jaydeep, Ravi and Ankur. We were competitors. I always used to get happy when they were in problem…but now; they are my best Pals. Ravi was with me in my junior college. He was so helpful whenever I used to be in problem. We became very good friends thereafter helping each other. Now even if he scored good marks than me, I used to get happy instead of being jealous like in school. Same was with Jaydeep. First time I came to know how it feels good on enjoying your friends Victory. And the trend continues till date. Jaydeep is really good guy. For any major decision I consult Jaydeep and so does he. I got a call from him a month back. He told that he was bored with the computer and networking job in VSNL and wanted to do something interesting and challenging. He told me that he has got an offer from a UK company for Sales and Marketing. He asked me whether he should join that firm as that will be totally different field for him. I told him to take the chance by joining this new company. He joined it and now sometimes consults me about job as I have made my career out of selling. I feel very happy when I see my friends excelling in their respective fields.

When I was in 9th Std I started liking one of my classmate. She was one of the toppers of class. I was new entrant in this category. I liked her for unknown reasons. There were many other pretty good looking girls in class….but something in her attracted me. She was very sincere and serious towards studies. She rarely mingled with rest of the class except her small group. My friends came to know that I like her and slowly this news leaked to her. From that time she stopped talking to me. Obviously no good girl will entertain these things at that age…..specially if it involves guy like me who is far from being good looking or handsome. I used wait for her arrival in school and secretly watch her when ever I got opportunity. She used to hate me for this. Things were same up to my 10th. For 2 years we never talked. After the school I joined college and then Engineering College. She used to stay in our next building. I used to see her couple of times in month but never dared to look towards her. The story was finished. The little fire of childhood slowly diminished with time and then was blown away. I forgot about her during my engineering days. Then one day I mistakenly called her assuming her to be another of our classmate. When she revealed who she was…I was shocked. I expected that she will cut the phone… but no. She talked to me. And that too nicely. We chatted for a while about our work and a bit about school days. I had never imagined even in my dreams that one day I will talk to her. After I kept the phone …I laughed out loud. Talking to her was like some old farthest dream come true….and it happened so unexpectedly that I was amazed.
Now we talk to each other once in a while…..though the school days chapter is fully closed. If anyone would have told me that this girl is going to talk to you….I would have laughed at the thought. Time is so powerful.

Ravi has made a Yahoo group in which all the old school friends with whom I had lost contact are coming together. What else everyone has changed now. This seems to be a beginning of new relationship between old pals.

4 Comments:

At 3:26 AM, Blogger Pradeep Puranik said...

Wow, man! Going back to schooldays... Beautiful days na?

I do not know why, but this article brought a wonderful feeling to my heart.

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Neha said...

good post! made me feel good too.
and everyone of us goes thru this. i was so different when i was in school. v shy.. talked to very few people.. and especially cudnt talk to ppl i had a crush on.. now when i meet them or talk to them im so cool.. im amazed.. we all move on, change .. it's good to look back and see where we were and how far we've travelled :)

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Abhishek Upadhyay said...

Pradeep & Neha...

I cant put in words how much I miss my school days. Those were the golden years of my life. I can give anything to go back to those old days.

Thanks for your comments...

 
At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home