Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Meeting with Sugandh


Sugandh Goel



Yesterday I met my old friend and room mate of my hostel(during Engineering days) Sugandh Goel. We decided to meet near his office which was next to Haldiraam’s on Mathura road. I went there and this hero was standing there chatting to two people. Just as he saw me we embraced each other. We were meeting after 2 years. He talked to the people for some time that went away after taking his number.
I told him ,”Abe Kamine kaisa hai. Hero ban gaya tu toh. Kaun the yeh log."




Myself and Sugandh


He told,”Maloom nahi yaar.Khade ho kar tera wait kar raha tha, so thought of chatting with them in mean time” with this he gave his famous grin.
Samajh nahi aaya. Chodo.

We chatted for 1 hour. At 4 O’clock his shift was going to start.

Myself, Sugandh and Amardeep(a psycho surd) were room partners in KGCE engineering college in Karjat, for 2 years. That was my one of the best times in hostel.
Amardeep was too studious and wanted pin drop silence while studying. Sugandh was fan of Hard rock and cannot study until music is played and cigarette is in hand. So I used to get to see nice fighting among both of them. Though Sugandh was junior to both of us, we treated him like our friend…and most of the time he used bully us….In 1 hour we talked about everything, old college days, current job, future planning, old friends and what not.

We remembered an episode when I brought a punching bag and attached it to ceiling in centre of our room. I was too fitness freak and used to punch bag every now and then. Sugandh also caught this fever and we use to punch the bag to remove our engineering frustration. Amardeep used to hate this. He used to sleep in the far end of room. At night when he used to get up to go to loo, in dark he used to bang his head to punching bag,in half sleep, which used to hang in centre of room. This was story of every night. Whenever this happened he used to give a string of bad words. We used to laugh too much whenever this happened.

Sugandh told me that few days back he had a tragic accident. He fell from 2nd floor of a building.

I asked him.”Abe, tu zinda kaise bach gaya…”

Sugandh: hehe, itne aasani se thodi maroonga sale. I was in hospital for more than a week. My teeth are shaking, I had serious injury in my brain which lead to memory loss for almost a week. Abhi kuch dino se chalne layak hua hoon nahin toh halat bahut kharab thi.

Then he reminded me that its time for him to move. 1 Hour was over…pata hi nahi chala. We decided to meet on coming Sunday with Umesh Bansal.

After meeting him I was waiting for Khatara bus to come. Sunddenly atmosphere became very pleasant. Sky was cloudy and wind was blowing. I decided to walk to my home. Ie. From Haldiraam’s to Badarpur border…that’s more than 3 kms. The breeze was very nice and I went on walking. It had been very long since I had taken long walk. This is pic near NTPC on Mathura road,Badarpur. The time is 4.15 Pm. Doesn’t weather look too cool.

8 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Blogger dharmu said...

*dharmu is seen doing her famous govinda dance*

nice post, jeez- i am waitign to meet my darling friends soon. 8 more months to go...
nice post there...

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Abhishek Upadhyay said...

@Dharmu
dance se aap Govinda lagti hain,by name u seem to be relative of dharam pajee.I read your post on your college.Itne mast jagah ke itne mast logon ko obviously koi bhi miss karega.
hope u meet them soon.

 
At 3:49 AM, Blogger Layfield said...

Punching bag huh? I used to punch all the pillows in my house. Until my grandmother started shouting ofcourse.

/[code not found]

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Nirwa Mehta said...

Hmmm.. catching up with old friends is always great.. brings back some great memories and yes, time flies by and you won't even notice!! :-)

Nice write up!

Nirwa

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Rimsie said...

hi there....nice post...BTW ive been to KGCE n i think it rocks !!!!!!!!!!! cant help feel nostalgic eh ?????!!!!!! :-D

coool hai....meet up with friends n have a blast ! :-)

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Neha said...

3 hour walk!!! wow.. thts a lot.. even though wetaher's been so good!! touchwood.. i so hope it stays like this..

it's so good to meet up with old pals after long na... brings back all the memories :)

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

I too met up with my college roommate recently.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Abhishek Upadhyay said...

@jetru
Puching pillows...waah.Atleast you started with something.I can see future Muhammad Ali.:p
Keep it up

@Gangadhar
Glad to see you back.I was not as lucky as your friends to have a clean smoke free atmosphere...:D
This guys name is Sugandh....but he spreads durgandh.
Sugandh are you listening?

@Moron
I am 90% successful in following my resolutions.Though eating outside still continues.

@Nirwa
I read your full name in your one of the resumes.Narmada river ke jitna bada.Hope Aamir does not criticize that too.Anything new with mating habits of champa.:P

@Sharmila Sweety
Ask manik how is KGCE...he will give a string of bad words....
After my engineering I miss this place.Thanks for comment.

@Neha,Vakil memsaab
I love to walk.3 Kms is nothing for me...seriously.When I was in mumbai I used to have weekend evening walk of 5 Kms.Delhi's atmosphere is soooo good these days.

@Ashley
Hi ash.looking forward for a post on this meeting on your blog.
Still dancing with SRK?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home