Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Summer Rain

It Rained It rained yesterday. Along with rain there were hails too. Atlast there was a bit of relief from heat for some time. Sunrays are so scorching that they are enough to turn a dark guy like me to a perfectly black body within few minutes. I thought of enjoying the rainy showers, but rejected the idea. I sat on my terrace and watched kids of society shouting and playing in rain. Winds were so cool and soothing.

Enjoying Rain




Milind offering me Hail


This is first time in my life when I had seen hails. You never get to see these hails in Mumbai. Though there are hail storms in Mumbai, I never got the opportunity to see one.

But after sometime Power failure played a spoilsport. There is power failure daily in afternoon from 2 to 5 pm. Now they have started load shedding even at night. I came to know from newspapers that my place Badarpur is one of the few places of Delhi where power theft is at peak, therefore the power failures are more in this region.

Today in afternoon something great happened in the areas around Badarpur. Demolition squad of MCD (Municipal Corporation of Delhi) was removing the illegal shops and structures around the main road towards Mithapur.

>

I think its good that government is active in this kind of beautification. This has been going around in Delhi for a month. Illegal structures and commercial establishments in residential areas are been demolished. What I have come to know from newspapers is that the shop keepers and big businessmen pay hefty bribes to these MCD officials to get their shops approved. This leads to much sound pollution and disturbance in residential areas. Hope if our Mumbai municipality also does something similar. But what is wrong with this demolition drive is that they do not demolish shops or buildings owned by Netas or politicians. Even after the directive of Supreme Court, MCD has not touched any of the constructions of Politicians.

My happiness for rain is short lived. I have been just told by my neighbor that when it rains in mid summer then humidity increases and due to it heat will be more unbearable in coming days. I will be moving to Chandigarh soon for couple of days and this world selling girl has already given me loads of reason stating that my trip will be of great problem in this weather*angry face*.

3 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Layfield said...

It's raining here in Bangalore too! It's really brght and sunny in the morning, but cool at rainy at night. Conventional rains.

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love monsoon for the only reason that i enjoy rains no matter whether they lead to road blockage or power failure. maybe cos it rained heavily the day i was born or Maybe its something to do with my name :-)

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Abhishek Upadhyay said...

@jetru
hope this weather prevails for a long time.Too much heat sucks.

@Varshita
Hi,thanks for droppin in.
Thats really true,it feels so good to driop in rain water under open sky with friends....

Keep visiting my blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home