Wednesday, June 21, 2006

At home....atlast.

A post after a long time…..
After coming Mumbai I have become too lazy. Since the day I reached home I am doing nothing but sleeping and eating. For first couple of days Mom was happy that his son has arrived. But soon she was bored of me and is trying to devise methods to throw me out of home. I am not angry on her…no one would like a person sitting at home whole day doing nothing but watching TV, playing games on PC, eating non stop and making mess all over home. I over heard my Sister recommending my mom to fire our Maid and make me work in her place. My sister is great. The first thing she asked me when I came home was,”when u will be going back to Delhi?”
“Never, I have been transferred….so I will be in Mumbai foreva…”
Her face became grim like sad toad…..

It just took only a week for my family to get fed up from me. My job is totally online so I work from home. I don’t go to office….as my office is in Australia. The work I do is not too tedious and takes max 2 hrs a day….thanks to years of experience in Market Research and Business Analysis. I have job which makes everyone envious of me. No Traveling, No boss, No Targets and a cool pay.
My neighbors think that I have lost my job in Delhi and came back to Mumbai jobless.
I told them that I work from home and don’t need to go outside…..which they found hard to believe. My neighboring aunty says,” Aisa bhi koi naukri hoti hai, ghar baith ke bhi koi kaam karta hai?”

I brought Jeffery Archer’s “Twelve Red Herrings”. Amazing book. The stories are too good. This guy’s book is so fascinating. I am waiting for MTNL guys to install broadband at my home so that I can start surfing and give my family a break from myself. Its already been more than a 10 days since I have applied for net connection….but no reply from MTNL yet. I think I need to give some chai paani to the wire man(I have not seen Rang De Basanti) otherwise I would be deprived of connection forever.

3 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Nirwa Mehta said...

Welcome home! :D (no, I don't live in Mumbai! )

Yeah, twelve red herrings is a nice read.. I want to get my hands on quiver full of arrows, it's also his collection of short stories.. !

Btw, absolutely love his kane and abel! :-)

Hope you get your broadband soon! :D

Nirwa

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger dharmu said...

hey, u have been tagged for "weirdo me". pick it from my post please!!!!

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Abhishek Upadhyay said...

@Nirwa
Mere hi city mein Mujhe welcome karne ke liye Thanks.
I trying desperately for broadband.Hope I get it in this week.

@Priya doobe
Life is like a kaala paani Sazaa.I am totally helpless....cant work properly...neither can do chirkuting*sigh*

Arre cool pay is a relative term....its cool for me...not for others.I earn 500 Rupaye per month :D
My pilot is on his way with treat....coir tayar hai na [:o]

@Dharam-ooh
hmm...tag ke saath aap ko bhi pick kar loonga....hope you are not too heavy[:(]

@Ganga
Ya. Theres no place like home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home